honestly I am not usually a fan of these types of conversations, but when I finally watched this I actually found it interesting...
------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------
The problem with Lakewood is that it was founded on a lie.
ReplyDeleteThe lie was that the creation of Israel meant nothing and changed nothing. It was not religiously significant. Jews fleeing Europe or the Arab countries had no special obligation to go there. For centuries Jews were chased out of where they were living in golus so they found somewhere else in golus to live. After WW2 it was no different. Poland's gone? Let's go to America.
That Israel was sitting there under Jewish sovereignty meant nothing and the "God has set it up so that this time when you flee you can go home" didn't enter their agenda. And it still doesn't. In Lakewood, Israel is a tourist destination. Golus is still going on unchanged so why move? No one has come to burn them out yet.