Nov 2, 2006
This image (click on it to enlarge if you wish to read it in the original form) is a few weeks old, but I just saw it.... I will post a brief translation under the picture..
The sign calls upon the holy Jewish people to remove a stumbling block and not serve Kugel yerushalmi. The sign goes on and explains 5 problems with kugel yerushalmi that are the reasons for the ban.
1. the kugel is made from noodles that have the same shape as worms. Young children might get confused and actually eat worms thinking it is allowed.
2. Along with the kugel is generally served a pickle with pickle juice. The kugel is so hot it will inadvertantly "cook" the pickle juice, which is one of the 39 prohibitions on shabbos
3. The shape of the kugel has become similar to the shape of pizza (I guess because they cut the kugel into triangle shaped slices) which is the cause of many problems in the jewish house. (not sure what the problem with this is)
4. The noodles from which the kugel is made is made from flour. Flkour is known to be problematic and has been found to contain worms and if not sifted properly would be an aveirah to eat (actually 5 sins) (though bread would have the same problem)
5. The penetrating odor of the kugel wafts into the shul and can be a distraction during davening and cause people to lose focus on their prayers.
The sign is signed off by "Those who feel the pain of Yerushalayim, the Committee regarding Kugel yerushalmi"
It is obviously a joke poking fun at all the signs that go up around Jerusalem calling for bans of anything you can think of.