Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Jan 6, 2015

talk about irony

Kikar is reporting that Rav Shmuel Auerbach went to pay a shiva call to Rav Shalom Cohen, who is sitting shiva for the death of his sister.

Kikar reports that among the conversation, Rav Cohen asked Rav Auerbach what to do to bring peace and stop the fighting and division.

That appears to me to be the height of irony. He asked Rav Auerbach how to stop the fighting and division. Rav Auerbach's people (let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say it is only his people and not him) have been fighting for the past few years with the main part of Degel Hatorah. They have split to divisions called Bnei Braq and Jerusalem, while some call them haters and terrorists. They have split from each other in municipal elections, and have threatened to split for national elections. They have caused fights among families, yeshivas have split up, there has been violence...

Is he really the person to ask advice from about keeping things peaceful?




------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Rafi,
    There is a terrible machloket within the litvish chareidi world between (it seems to me) Rav Aurbach's people and Rav Shteinman's people.
    I know people "on both sides" but I really try not to get involved in the machloket (other than what i read in the chareidi media which (depending on where you read it) is usually one sided.
    But i wonder why you are suddenly "taking sides" and assuming that Rav Aurbach is the wrong one??

    (in addition, the "haters" and "terrorists" is a different machloket regarding who inherits the Yeshivat Ponovitz.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. I am definitely not intentionally taking sides. I thought I left it open enough that I did not blame him. I wrote the two groups split. I did write that rav auerbachs people have been fighting, but the topic is rav auerbach and was not meant as blame.
    B. It is possible subconsciously I wrote it in a way that blames them, even if I didn't mean it that way. If so, I'd guess because that's how it is portrayed in the haredi media which seems to be very one sided in this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...