Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Mar 12, 2024

who dat?

Somebody Jewish won a prize at the Oscars for making a good movie and he said something about being Jewish and criticized Israel.

While I have seen a lot of criticism of him and what he said, I really have no opinion. I dont know who he is, I dont remember his name, I dont know what he said, I didnt watch the video of his speech and I didnt watch the Oscars. I simply dont care. Thats how irrelevant he is to me, just as I am sure I am irrelevant in his eyes.

Stop propping up the actors and producers of movies as if they have some inherent level of importance more than anyone else and that their opinions hold weight. They are entertainers. Their opinions are just that - their opinions. I dont have to care what they think about politics, about Israel, about Judiasm, about anything else. Same for athletes and other celebrities.


------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Garnel IronheartMarch 12, 2024 5:25 PM

    It was significant, given how many in the crowd were wearing little red buttons to show support for Hamas.
    The guy in question stood on stage and instead of thanking everyone for his award, said that he "refuted his Jewishness" (which makes no sense, maybe he meant "rejected" or "rescinded") and then basically compared Israel to the Nazis.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...