Sep 1, 2026
guns in Bet Shemesh
Yesterday Minister of National Security Itamar Ben Gvir announced his decision to categorize the city of Bet Shemesh as a city whose residents can apply for gun permits. Until now only residents of certain specific streets or neighborhoods were granted the right to apply for gun permits, but nto the entire city is included. Several streets have been excluded so the residents of those streets still cannot get gun permits. the excluded streets are the streets and areas where the extremists (such as Neturei Karta and other extreme elements) live.
Personally I had no interest in getting a gun, but it was not even anything to think much about because I had no way to qualify - living in Bet Shemesh, no police or army background, not working in a dangerous job, etc... it was a moot thought to even consider it as I had no way to get it even had I wanted one. Now that I can qualify just because I live in Bet Shemesh I am wondering what you think, if this is something important enough to do or not... let me know your thoughts but chances are high that I wont bother anyway, unless I hear a really strong argument.
Like with herd immunity people who dont vaccinate are nostly safe because of everyone who does, with guns if I dont get one I and everyone around me will still be pretty safe because of the other people who have guns... but I am still interested in hearing arguments....
------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------
Labels:
bet shemesh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment