Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

May 25, 2008

Too Much Sex in the City

Everybody must have already read about the upcoming opening of the movie Sex in the City, and how Jerusalem and Petach Tikva have banned the advertisements for it from being run in those respective cities.

I don't know why this movie is different than all other movies, but they are really making a big deal out of it. My wife told em they called the house the other day asking if we plan on goign to see it, if we have seen the ads, if we would take the kids, if we would take the kids if we got a discounted ticket, etc.

I don't remember getting phone calls promoting other movies, but the Sex in the City craze is getting to be a bit much.

10 comments:

  1. I think she said we would not go or take the kids even if they gave us a free ticket

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    i get my internet and phone from the cable company. every months they call me and try to get me to sign up for their "triple play package." for only five more dollars and i can also get cable tv. i tell them i wouldn't take it even it were free

    ReplyDelete
  3. B"H

    Take the kids?! OY!

    Other than that, I don't know what the uproar is, as this show was broadcast on Arutz 2, uncensored...so I'm told. A-hem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine its a bigger deal this time because of its title. If the name of the show was "Lo-lifes in New York" i imagine the advertisements would still be up.
    As far as the phone calls go, i never heard of that either, but hey, a technique is a technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why jerusalem and PT banned the ads I understand. I don't understand why the craze over this movie is bigger than any other movie.
    Then again, I never saw the tv show so maybe that is why i do not understand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Then again, I never saw the tv show"

    next time they call me and offer me that triple play package, i'll give them your number and tell them to call you instead

    ReplyDelete
  7. i get my internet and phone from the cable company. every few months they call me and try to get me to sign up for their "triple play package." for only five more dollars i can also get cable tv with the phone and internet. i tell them i wouldn't take it even it were free. you wrote that you never saw the show, so i figured maybe you need cable.

    ah, just forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited by Sex and the City the movie! Here's an interview with Sarah Jessica Parker:

    http://bigpicture.fancast.com/2008/05/news_sarah_speaks_on_sex_and_t.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...