Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Aug 14, 2008

2 candidates, 2 opposites

I saw the following two headline (and article blurbs) side by side yesterday in a newspaper, and the contrast of the two struck (thanks, but I did not get hurt).

1. MK Rabbi Meier Porush to run for mayor of Jerusalem
2. MK Dov Chenin to run for mayor of Tel Aviv.

2 MKs, each the polar opposite of the other, Rabbi Porush being an MK for the Ultra Orthodox party UTJ (from Aguda-Shlomei Emunim faction), and Dov Chenin being a Jewish MK in an left-wing "Jewish-Arab" party. Each running for the mayoral position in cities that are also polar opposites of each other.

How striking.

NOTE: This is not an endorsement of either of the above mentioned candidates for the respective positions they are trying to obtain. This was simply an observation.

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't familiar with the name Cheinin, but I just saw that he attended the funeral of Mahmoud Darwish.

    I assume that he's out of the mainstream, even for Tel Aviv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't familiar with the name Cheinin, but I just saw that he attended the funeral of Mahmoud Darwish.

    I assume that he's out of the mainstream, even for Tel Aviv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would really be an eye-opener if each MK ran for Mayor in the other's city

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...