Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Aug 3, 2008

Walking around the walls

----------------------------------------------------- referral post-----------------------------------------------------

Every year on Tisha B'Av at night, the Women in Green organization organizes a walk around the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem (this year will be the 14th year!).

This is something I have never been able to do. By the time I get home from Eicha in shul and the drasha from the Rabbi, I never have the energy to drive out to Jerusalem and participate in the walk.

But I always feel bad about it afterward.

Who knows? Maybe this year I will get myself up to do it...

I have heard it is a very inspiring event and a meaningful way of spending Tisha B'Av night, even if it has political tones. How can walking around the walls of Jerusalem with thousands of other people be anything but meaningful???

So, if you can, check out the details, and join the group on the walk...

----------------------------------------------end of referral------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. B"H

    I don't fast well, and just try to remain immobile the whole time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...