Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Jan 31, 2008

Ice Cream on shabbos

This just came my way, and it is very important to post before we all miss it. International Ice Cream for Breakfast Day is upon us!

The first Shabbos in February is officially ICFBD!

This Shabbat, parshat Mishpatim, ICFB will be celebrated all over the world. The rules of this holiday are simple: eat ice cream for breakfast. In Israel it is generally celebrated with Kiddush after dovening.

This holiday was created in Rochester, New York, by a mother who wanted to cheer up her young children (Ruth and David Rappaport). ICFB is celebrated every year in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Chicago, NY, London, Sidney, Toronto, Moskow, Bombay, Paris, Rome, and Bet Shemesh to name just a few cities.

I have to see if I can convince my wife to do this....

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I think this might be even a better holiday than Internatinal Talk Like a Pirate Day!

    Thanks for putting a link to my "Kosher Whine" blog. I hadn't been to your site before - I'm glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for coming in and commenting...
    International Talk Like a Pirate Day is pretty fun, but you are right, this probably tops it..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...