Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Dec 24, 2020

Quote of the Day

I have already proven that what is important to me is ideology and not the seat. I already gave up my position as minister, and the Likud got the message. People thought I was just threatening, but they then saw that there is someone willing to give things up for ideology... I am the last one to worry about lowering the minimum threshold. I represent the largest Chassidic group, and it would be enough for me to coordinate with Vizsnitz to succeed and get past the threshold. The reason I oppose it is because I dont want machloket/argument. A low minimum threshold opens the door to arguments, and I won't be a part of that.

  -- Minister Yaakov Litzman explaining why he refused to Support his party member's law proposal to lower the minimum threshold

1. they also all saw that as soon as the crisis finished, Litzman took his seat back. So it is less about giving up for ideology and more about avoiding responsibility. But yes, they saw he was willing to give up his seat for something

2. if he is so against machloket and therefore against lowering the threshold, maybe he should also be willing to give some power in his party to some of the other people and not take it each time for himself while leaving some of the others with very little (ie Eichler)



------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...