Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Aug 28, 2018

Picture of the Day


from Nissim Black's Twitter account
I am not quite sure what it means, but Rav Chaim Kanievsky told Nissim Black that Being "Black" is your Mayla (Virtue) not a Chesaron (Lacking)



------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

7 comments:

  1. Maybe he meant black hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...discussed this on my blog: http://haemtza.blogspot.com/2018/08/can-four-year-old-child-be-racist.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think he was referring to his family...family black....not the colour of his skin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wisdom of the sages; think he knew exactly what he was saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look, I'd love to know the context, but on the surface it seems offensive: "Oh, here's a black man! I'll comment on his skin color!" And why would you even think it was a chisaron? I'm far from a liberal (many would call me a racist, although I wouldn't), but when I see a black person, my first two thoughts are not, "Oh! Let me comment on his skin color!" nor "Nebach, he's black, let me try to make him feel better about that."

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Nachum: they were discussing it, because Nissin was saying that he's having a hard time getting his kids into a school, and indicated that his skin color was the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is Nissim complaining to the Litvak Rav Chaim Kanievsky?

    Nissim is Hasidic, he should complain to his Hasidic leaders.

    He is a Hasid of Neo Hasidic leader Rebbe Moshe Weinberger of Woodmere, let him complain to him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...