Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Feb 2, 2010

Yated - take a hike

Last night someone from the Yated Ne'eman called me up.

It was a telemarketer (maybe in-house, maybe not. I don't know) asking me to subscribe to the newspaper.

I never enjoyed saying no on the phone as much as I did to Yated Ne'eman. Maybe I am evil. When she asked I snickered. I paused for a moment with a touch of laughter and then said I have absolutely no interest in your paper and wouldn't pay a shekel for it.

The only other paper I have said anything similar to was "Maariv", about 9 years ago.

Funny thing is she didn't even want to know why I was not interested. My guess is she is getting far more rejections than subscriptions...

5 comments:

  1. Good for you. I would do the same. Their free edition this morning is again talking about the "terrible sin" of Shas joining WZO. For the first time last week, I'm actually pleased I voted Shas

    ReplyDelete
  2. why is it so evil? i have no idea? is it different from modiah, mishpacha, the late jewish observer? i never read it - just curious at the strong reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yated is very extreme, regularly spewing hatred explaining why everyone but Degel HaTorah is wrong, pushing bans on anything they don't like, etc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yated doesn't have a modicum of ahavas yisroel in it. Anything except for their view is apikorus.

    HaModia is much more into ahavas yisroel, (as well as being chassidic) and regularly features stories of yidden from all streams.

    Mishpacha is better still.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...