Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Apr 15, 2012

The Impatience For Chametz

When one sees the news reports about how people lined up after Pesach in front of bakeries waiting impatiently for the first sighting of chametz, and how at times it descended into pushing, fistfights and even police were needed to be brought in to keep the peace, one must be amazed how people survived the 8 days (this year even in Israel) with no chametz and understand what they gave up just because of God's commandment. The fight for chametz after Pesach shows how much people didn't really want to be eating only matza for the past 8 days, and therefore how much more reward they must be getting for doing so anyway.

------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. It's ridiculous. I still have had no chametz, and probably won't have any real chametz until I eat a piece of challah after motzei on Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I enjoy pesach and the matzo, and I am really into it.

    I would hope my "reward" is the same if not greater than those who hate matzo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy Pesach and the matza as well, though I prefer bread over matza. But when pesach is over I do not feel like I must be out standing in line for hours for the first piece of bread baked. I can wait patiently to get my bread when things have calmed down.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...