Aug 2, 2026
Quote of the Day
Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. I think he cut in the wrong place. He should have cut off his head.
-- Mordechai Ben David, the singer, in an interview with Shloime Zionce, when asked about the fact that the Ribnitzer Rebbe (whom MBD was close to) had been the mohel of Avigdor Lieberman back in Moldova
wow. I was shocked when I saw this. Had to read it twice and look for the clip itself, which is in yiddish with subtitles. Very inappropriate comment and very surprising [to me that] he said that.
------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------
Labels:
Avigdor Lieberman,
qotd
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The link to the clip doesn't work?
ReplyDeleteWas it removed?
looks like it but I found another and changed the link
DeleteGot it, thanks.
DeleteI disagree. It is not surprising or terribly shocking that he said an obvious joke against an oppressor of the Torah community in Israel. He obviously doesn't wish him dead as he quickly hoped that he do Teshuva a few seconds later in the same clip.
ReplyDeleteMake up your mind, was it justified or not?
DeleteAlso, can you name one way Lieberman has "oppressed" the so-called "Torah community"? I keep the Torah and he's never oppressed me. Well, apart from his conniving with the charedi parties to foist a mayor on me.
You know what they say about glass houses...MBD should watch himself when talking about cutting off body parts that people use for evil.
ReplyDeleteThe Yiddish was mistranslated. He didn't say he should have cut off his head, but that in should have cut him 'in' the head, which is an idiom with the sense of 'give him a good hard kick' in the head. Alll of the yeshivishe sites made this point. Not classy, but not the same.
ReplyDelete