Aug 25, 2026

Rav Hershel Schachter: How to Find Meaning as a Ben Torah in the Workforce (Career, Torah, Money) (video)








------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. His comments about the Mishnah Berurah are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean no disrespect to the sefer or to its author, but there was an actual marketing effort in the 1950's, one in which I believe a YU rosh yeshiva (the Chofetz Chaim's son-in-law) played a part. R' Aharon Kotler, for example, made sure to always be seen holding a copy at public events.

      I have also heard the suggestion that the fact that the Chofetz Chaim was genuinely such a tzadik helped the sefer's reputation. But I definitely heard from even younger rebbeim than R' Schachter that the sefer's influence was not nearly what it is now.

      But even by my day YU was giving special Mishna Berura exams (the MBATs) to starting semikha students.

      Delete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...