Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Mar 10, 2011

Best Benefit of Toshav Ha'Ir card Contest!!!

In a bout of patriotism and city pride this week, I signed up for, and received, my "Toshav Ha'Ir" - City Resident - card.

Wondering what it is good for, besides discounts in a bunch of stores I will never either go into, remember to use it there, or even know that I get some sort of discount there, just like the "BaKehilla" card, I am wondering what your best ideas of what benefits I might receive from this card.

Here are my first ideas:
- a discount at the mikve
- for every 100 NIS donated to a local kupat tzedaka (obviously only a haredi kupa), the city will donate an additional 15NIS

Let's hear your greatest ideas..The person who submits the best idea wins. What is the prize? A free Toshav Ha'Ir card! Just joking. No prize except bragging rights.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm... is it made of hard plastic? Shopping-free-for-all on Shabbos at the school computer room of your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "for every 100 NIS donated to a local kupat tzedaka (obviously only a haredi kupa), the city will donate an additional 15NIS"

    Rafi..the new "improved" Kehilla card supposedly allows you to sign up with "the tzedaka organization of your choice" and yet when I asked if I could sign up with Lema'an Achai I got the feeling that this statement isn't true.

    I have a big problem with this because the city is now funding the card. It isn't right that they should basically require me to give to Keren Lev Yisrael to get the card.

    If my taxes are funding it I should have the choice as to where I send my required horaat keva.

    What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOshe - I saw the iryah logo on the ads for the bakehilla card recently, and was wondering if LA was included in local tzedaka organizations. I dont have the answer because I did not yet look into it, but my suspicions are what made me think of this benefit I mentioned

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to me the tzedakah organizations themselves feel threatened by Lemaan Achai. They know it's run more professionally and has a lot more impact throughout the neighborhood. So if it were given legitimacy I think they're afraid they'd look bad for "only" providing a few narrow services.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The problem is that the other organizations have an endless supply of money for advertising (please don't give me that sponsored line..there is no way that the sponsors could cover even half of the cost of the posters, banners, parades,etc.) in addition to the fact that certain rabbis tell their flocks to not support Lema'an Achai.

    Why do they feel so threatened? So what if Lema'an Achai exists, thrives and makes this a better community?

    Why can't they just live and let live..it's tzedaka for poor people?

    Now the city is also involved in favoring certain organizations over others.

    This has nothing to do with which organization is better, etc. It is clearly another blow at the diverse crowd (just like RBS C, the mikva,etc)

    I hope that the thinking people out there realize that one can support all different organizations and truly make this a great city!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...