Sep 8, 2026

Hatzibbur Hacharedi moves

The news is reporting that the new Haredi party HaKahal just signed an agreement to run on a joint list with the Noam party of Avi Maoz. I assume that even together on a joint list they wont get enough votes to get past the threshold. I don't know why they did not also add the other new Haredi party HaTzibbur HaCharedi to their joint list (not saying it is their fault, maybe Hatzibbur was not interested, maybe it was never offered, maybe they werent interested, whatever), as it seems at least as of now, it is most likely none of them will get in.

Speaking of Hatzibbur HaCharedi, they did just make a good move officially putting Dr Nechumi Yafeh  (sp?) in at the second slot of their party list.. I dont know if it is enough to give them a big enough boost, and they still need at least two more candidates if they expect to get in. And today is the last day of party registration, so it is now or never...

Yafeh is a good selection because she comes with an impressive resume and has been int he public eye for a while, plus it solves their problem of not differentiating themselves from UTJ regarding female candidates - after all that talk, now they have a female candidate in a realistic position, if they can get past the threshold.

Hatzibbur HaCharedi is another party I am considerin voting for. I think this is an initiative that needs to be supported. I wish they had a better chance of getting in (that wont be my deciding factor), but even if they do not, supporting them now helps for such initiatives in the future. We'll see what happens... they should have joined up with another party, and Hakahal-Noam might be the right party for that - it is synergetic and together they seem to be pretty close to the threshold...





------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...