Sep 6, 2026

Tweet of the Day

after last night's drama in UTJ (specifically in Degel Hatorah), there have been a few tweets I have seen that qualify for TotD. I had to choose one so I decided that was the best. Maybe other's were funnier, but this one is more serious and respectful..




My translation:
As the grandson of Rav Ravitz I am a bit happy over what is happening right now in Degel. On the other hand, I dont really understand what the problem is with Gafni and Maklev that will be solved by bringing in younger people. Both are diligent people and not hedonists, they are greater experts in parliamentary work far more than the average in any other party. The problem with this party is that it is disconnected from the nation of Israel and they think the Torah was given in Lithuania...


For some background, the OP, Tzvi Ravitz, is the grandson of Avraham Ravitz, the founder of Degel Hatorah. Ravitz served in the Knesset for Degel Hatorah until 2008 when he resigned. Officially he resigned but supposedly was pushed out, but given the opportunity to resign so as to save face and to leave honorably (supposedly this opportunity was given to Gafni and Maklev as well last night but they thought they could fight the decision and change it but were unsuccessful).

I was a little surprised that Maklev was pushed out along with Gafni. Maklev is one of the hardest working MKs (and deputy ministers) in Knesset. He can regularly be found in his Knesset chambers working long after everyone else has left. In general I think he was well liked and got things done for his constituents.

I dont really know anything yet about the new people taking their slots so will reserve judgement until I see them in action..

Truthfully I was surprised to learn from this tweet that Avraham Ravitz has a grandson who served in the army and is currently living abroad (nothing wrong with it, but it was new information to me)



------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...