Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Aug 28, 2007

a kinky segulah

I have heard a lot of segulahs, but this one is new to me.

There is a famous segulah attributed to Rav Chaim Kanievsky that goes like this: if a baby is breech (at a late stage in pregnancy), one should look through the seforim in the house and see if any are placed upside down. If there are some, turn them upside right and the baby will flip over as well.

That one I have heard before. I only mention it here because it was told to me today at the same time as the one I am about to tell you.

This one is wild. It has been attributed to Rav Yisrael Yaakov Fisher zt"l. He was known for recommending segulahs of all types, along with many other great qualities he was known for. He (supposedly) said regarding a breech baby: the husband and wife have to stroll down to Lifta (a natural spring at the entrance to Jerusalem) or Moza (the site of another natural spring, just outside Jerusalem) -

Note: I assume this means any natural spring would work, but he mentioned those two. Or maybe he was specific to these two, so do not hold me responsible if you try it elsewhere and it does not work.

the husband then have to get some spring water into your mouth and put it directly into the wife's mouth.. 3 times! I think she has to drink the water, but the person telling me was not clear on that..

according to R' Fisher - if that doesn't work the baby wasn't meant to turn... and it is dangerous for it to turn.. (hmmm...that means it is not the segulah not working, but it was not meant to be. so you never know if the segulah really works or not.)

6 comments:

  1. i've heard this about sataf, and i know someone who went down there. I have no idea if they did that pouring into the wife's mouth thing, but supposedly it worked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I double that - I heard it on the sataf...

    ReplyDelete
  3. so if it doesn't work, that means the baby shouldn't flip b/c it's not supposed to. soooo, we shouldn't daven then either because the segulah didn't work.

    and since when did god go away from haster astir panim and start rewarding people right away? since when are we on the level of getting immediate answers from god.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Rafi. You answered a question I asked back in May.

    The Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy to have helped, wolf. And it seems the consensus from the commenters is that it works...

    sshaya - you are such a yekke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shaya, we get a reward for spitting into someone's mouth?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...