Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Sep 10, 2008

Facebook acount disabled!

I don't know why, but I just logged in to my Facebook account to respond to a message I received from someone last night and I got this:
Arghhhh! My Facebook account has been disabled! How will I continue my life without being able to poke all my friends, turn them into Zombies, or play Scramble??!!

Truth is that in the past 3 weeks I have only logged into it a couple of times, and then only to respond to messages and notices I had received by email...

Anyways, what do you do when a Facebook account is disabled? I have no idea. I clicked on the link for the FAQ why my account might be disabled and got this:I used something too rapidly? All I did the last time I logged in was accept a friend request and reject two invitations to something or other that did not interest me... I guess I have to click the mouse slower next time...

Anyways, it does not say how to get the account reinstated...so I wrote to appeals@facebook.com, and this is what I wrote:

Hello.

I just tried logging in to my Facebook account, and I received a message that my account has been disabled. I did not even receive any warning or notice about it.
I have no idea why, but it says in the FAQ "Facebook enforces limits on the site in order to prevent certain actions that can be considered abusive. Your account has been disabled for persistent and rapid use of a certain feature. Unfortunately, for security reasons, we will not be able to further explain these limits."
I have no idea what feature I have used too rapidly. I have only logged into my account a couple times in the past 3 weeks! The only thing I can think of is that earlier today I logged in to accept a friend request and at the same time rejected a couple of invitations. Did I do that too quickly? That is ridiculous to suspend an account for that. I am not even a heavy user who abuses the system!

Please advise. This is very frustrating and disappointing.

4 comments:

  1. According to my sources, the Internet Tznius Patrol is now patrolling Facebook for residents of frum communities. They have discovered that by filing an indecency complaint with Facebook that they can stop you from using this tamei program that is 100% bitul Torah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.. it is definitely bitul torah, but who says without it we (I) would be spending that time learning anyway???

    I still don't really get the point of it. I have tried out, and enjoyed, some cute features, like zombies and scramble and poking, for short periods of time. Now I mostly use it for messages with friends and relatives occasionally. It seems to be another form of email.
    I guess now I have to stick to email. No way I am starting a new facebook account and wasting all that time again... either they re-enable my account or I am putting Facebook in Cherem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe its an external application/website linked to your facebook account that constantly polls facebook servers. Perhaps you blog too much and every time you blog your facebook profile is updated? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yb - could be, but I don't blog that much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...