Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Jan 14, 2009

false alarm?

Sirens blared in Jerusalem, Bet Shemesh and Beitar areas just now. Supposedly it is due to a technical glitch (aka false alarm)... Maybe they were testing the system? I hope that was it.

Those of you who heard it live - imagine the people in Sderot, Ashkelon, Ashdod and all the surrounding areas hearing that 20-40 times per day.... Think of what they have been going through the past 2 months, 2 years, 8 years...

What is especially disturbing is that many families have come from the south to stay in these areas. Many schools have taken in many kids from the south and integrated them, temporarily, into their classrooms. My daughters school has a lot of southerners. Today her school was having an "activity day", bringing a small amusement park of sorts for the girls to enjoy for the day. Sure enough, on their fun day, they get to hear sirens just like back home!

3 comments:

  1. My intitial thought was how far can I run in a minute and fiften seconds. I could see my building but there is no way, I could have run there up the stairs and into the Mammad in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember from the Gulf War, when people were outside, we did not run to our own houses when a siren went off. We went to the nearest house. People were very kind and let people in to their sealed rooms from the street. It happened to me more than once.

    I would guess if your own room is too far away, you are probably best off going to someone closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter's ganenet was concerned yesterday that it took almost 4 minutes to get all the 2 year olds into the mamad.... G-d forbid she should have to do this in a real emergency.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...