Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Feb 2, 2012

A Mouthful Of Spittle Is Worth 19,000 NIS

Who knew a mouthful of spit could be worth so much?

Someone got a taxi in Jerusalem. The driver refused to run the meter, despite being obligated to and despite the passenger requesting it. The driver then stopped and picked up an additional passenger. When she asked him again to use the meter, he stopped and told her to get out of the taxi.

pretty cool place in Chicago
After that he thought she didnt shut the door fast enough, while she says he started to drive off before she could shut the door. He stopped the car got out and began screaming at her. Then he spat at her.

She sued. he lost. For her distress he was obligated to pay 4000 NIS to her. In addition, he was hit with a 15,000 NIS fine. On top of that 19,000 NIS, he was obligated to put down 5000 NIS for security to ensure that for the next 3 years he would not commit a similar offense. (source: Globes)

Who knew spitting could be worth so much?

Perhaps the people who were spat upon in Bet Shemesh should gather their evidence (some have it on video, along with witnesses) and sue the spitters. Bankrupting them might be a decent tactic.

5 comments:

  1. Something tells me that the cost and damages has nothing to do with the spittle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story, the one reason I don't want to come to Israel (Jerusalem) is because I have such horrible experiences with cabs there (like almost stealing a stroller, kicking me about in the middle of a ride ...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you wont come because you had a bad experience with a taxi driver? seems kind of silly to me..
    in America (or wherever you live) you have never had a run-in with anybody?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on, pragmatician, you're just looking for an excuse for not coming on Aliya. I can guarantee you, that there are nice people (even taxi drivers too) here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with Pragmatician,

    I will never ever ever go back to NY because one time, this guy on the street didn't say hello back to me when I said hello to him. And he didn't even look me in the eyes when he ignored me!

    And 10 cabs passed me by before I could even get into one, while I was standing in the rain, and then they had the nerve to charge me an arm and a leg!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...