Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Mar 16, 2015

Should Bibi let Feiglin ascend Har Habayit tomorrow?

MK Moshe Feiglin sent the following letter to the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu:


briefly, Feiglin's son is getting married tomorrow, and he is asking for Netanyahu to give him permission to ascend Har Habayit with his son on the day of the wedding. His only option is to turn to Netanyahu, as the police told him they would not allow him up. Feiglin says this is a one-time opportunity (going up on the day of the wedding), and is therefore something that cannot be made up or pushed off to later.


Forgetting the argument of should Jews be allowed up, should Jews be allowed to pray on Har Habayit.. if you were Prime Minister Netanyahu, what would you do?

If it were me: I don't know.
Tomorrow is the elections. I, Benjamin Netanyahu, have a lot on the line. This is a big day.
Do I let Feiglin up?
Maybe he causes a ruckus and it makes me look bad? Jews see I have to arrest people, send the police in to close the Mount.. maybe religious Zionists get upset at me and I lose votes. Maybe I also lose votes from those further left, towards the center of the Right, who think I was weak to let him up, and that I put people at risk.

Don't let him up? Many people will get upset that the Arabs control Har Habayit. They will see me as weak on the issue, not letting Jews, and he is even still a Member of Knesset. Maybe I lose votes because of not letting him up.

I think overall he is personally safer not letting Feiglin up. People don't like his stance on Har Habayit, but that is only in the back of their minds, unless Feiglin can make a big enough deal about it. It is a greater risk to let him up and end up with riots and bad reactions.

What would you do?


------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. This isn't even a question. Why would Netanyahu give in to Feiglin's political grandstanding and gross manipulation of scheduling his son's wedding on election day?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...