Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Nov 9, 2008

Voting your Conscience

Voting your Conscience.

I am a believer in voting your conscience. If there is a party that closest resembles your ideals or your culture/style/beliefs, and that is the party you wish to vote for, I believe you should vote for it.

I am not much of a pragmatist when it comes to elections. I believe that even if it is not clear that a party is not going to pass the minimum threshold, even if there are reasons to vote for a party that is less representative of you but overall might accomplish more if they had more power, you should still vote for the party you most believe in.

When the national elections were last looming, I had friends who wanted to vote for Baruch Marzel's party, but were nervous to because they thought their vote would be wasted. I told them to vote anyway for him, even knowing it would likely be wasted. because it is not really a waste. Everyone sees that 30,000 people voted for him. If his platform is one you believe in, that is whom you should vote for.

I am not one to try to convince people to vote against their conscience. I am not going to vote Mafdal/B'Yachad. The party does not "speak" to me. It does not appeal to me, for various reasons. The Mafdal platform never appealed to me. But I know there are plenty of people for whom the Mafdal is their preference. I also know that there are many readers here who will be voting, or at least considering voting for, B'Yachad/Mafdal.

As well, there are plenty of people who are wavering between parties, undecided which to vote for. I have written plenty about TOV. I have written about CHEN. I have now asked David Morris, from the lineup of B'Yachad, to present B'Yachad to my readers. Maybe B'Yachad appeals to you, and I offered David the chance to reach out.

If you have any questions about B'Yachad, as always leave them in the comments. Either I will try to get answers or I will hopefully be able to get David or someone else from B'Yachad to answer them directly...

It will be the post directly above this one...

(and if anybody from Gimmel wants to send me something similar, why vote Gimmel?, I would be happy to post it as well...)

3 comments:

  1. As as BeYachad supporter, I appreciate your ehrelchkeit and open-mindedness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - kol hakavod to Rafi for keeping this forum genuinely open to all!

    How about Rafi for Mayor?!
    (Next time, maybe?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Shalom tires after 5 years of getting this city into shape then we'll consider Rafi!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...