Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Apr 7, 2014

Bet Shemesh should replace Eyal Golan with...

Eyal Golan. Ai ai ai ai ai.

Yes, the City of Bet Shemesh has hired Eyal Golan to be the main performer at the central party for Yom Haatzmaut.

This is despite his being caught up in two serious legal issues - one of possible pedophilia and rape, as he took advantage of his celebrity status to take advantage of young teenage girls, and the second of some tax evasion charges. He got off easy on the first, despite admissions to the crime, because nobody wanted to press charges (it seems you can have sex with minors, you just cannot marry them). It looks like they might get him on the second charge, as the headlines say he is heading for a plea bargain on that case. Just like all those mafia guys in the USA - they could never get them on racketeering, drugs, prostitution, but they often got them on tax evasion.

So, Bet Shemesh hired Eyal Golan. So did Sderot. So did Haifa, but at least there some city councilman (from Yesh Atid) had the sense to voice some protest about the moral issues of hiring Eyal Golan, and they canceled.

I don't know if hiring Eyal Golan was "throwing a bone" to the secular/traditional half of the city.. of if it is an attempt to make them look bad (the mayor is claiming residents of Old Bet Shemesh wanted Golan) as if they demanded he be brought here to perform, or if they just took advantage of the opportunity to get a top tier celebrity who is now working at dirt cheap rates (127,000 NIS for less than 1 hour of performing). I do wonder if the mayor, Moshe Abutbol, will appear at the celebrations and get up on stage next to Eyal Golan or if he will only go there before or after Golan's performance..

Either way, I would have expected our super-moral city council made up 90% of haredim with the remaining 10% also being religious and quasi-haredi to voice some protest on moral grounds and hire a different performer. By the way, I am also disappointed in the other 9 councilpeople, as I have not heard them say a word about it either - but they are not in the coalition, so their responsibility is a bit lower..

 I think a good solution would be to replace Golan with a religious performer - maybe someone like Yeedle Werdyger.

Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel


  1. Could this have anything to do with certain members of the City Council not wanting to be see as having anything to do with Yom HaAtzma'uth? Perhaps, they are letting those who do shoot themselves in the feet, so that they can say that they didn't have anything to do with it.

  2. How about replacing him with Rebbetzn Tap?

    1. A female?!

      Change your neighborhood's name to Ramat Bet Feminist already.


  3. Here is a link to the petition against the invitation to Eyal Golan to perform in Bet Shemesh on Yom HaAtzmaut:


    Also, Rav Nir Vargon [nirvargon@gmail.com] the Rav of Ramat Shalom on Nachal Dolev is willing to approach city officials (who appear to be sympathetic to canceling with Eyal Golan) with whom he has already spoken about this.
    He said that they need publicity about Eyal Golan's actions (such as his tax evasion, and his admissions to immoral acts even if he was never convicted of a crime). So if people will Email Rav Vargon information about this (e.g., links to reports of his admission to performing immorals, and reports of his tax evasion), he can use it in his request cancellation of the Golan performance on Yom HaAtzmaut. (I mailed him a link that I saw relating to sexual immorality, but I am certain that he could use as many as he can get.)

    Catriel Lev

  4. He'll be performing outside the entrance to the Orot girls' school, right?

  5. it is typical Charedi protection of molesters so as not to hurt their parnassa!


Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...