Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Jul 22, 2013

Quotes of the Day

thank God for elections.. because of upcoming elections for the Chief Rabbinate, today we get two quotes for QOTD...

1.
Over the years my father all the time advanced many rabbonim and supported their elections, whether it was Rav Bakshi Doron, Rav Lau, Rav Amar and many other city and chief rabbis. We the sons were their same age, but our father never wanted to push us to run. He understood people talk, people will think it is because "he is the son of", so he did not want it.
[people asked why none of his sons were running for Chief Rabbi so] he called me and said "are you willing to take this on yourself", and after weighing the idea I said ok.
The attacks on the Dati Leumi hurt me very much. It does not matter which kippa a person wears - knitted, black with holes, without holes, what's the difference? The main thing is to make the Torah beloved to the people of Israel, so there will be unity among the people of Israel

  -- Rav Yitzchak Yosef

2.
You cannot be chosen for a position of rav in the State of Israel as the representative of one party - and it is also not right. I have to be the rav of everyone - even of the Arabs. The Chief Rabbi needs to be the rav of the entire country. So, I am happy that my support crosses party lines to parties of religious, also of haredim and also of the secular. I also have support from the Arabs of Tzfat and the region. They are our neighbors, and they came to me and told me that they support me and even gave me a letter of support.
We are considering moving to live in Tel Aviv, at least during the first year after the election. The intention is to be more connected with the public, with the public that lives in the Gush Dan area, to meet with it, to learn with it and to deal with the questions that it is involved in. What's important to me mainly is to go from Metula to Eilat and bring to people the light of Torah. I imagine I will not be able to do it all by myself, and together with my friends  who love the People of Israel we will do this together.

  -- Rav Shmuel Eliyahu



------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...