Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Dec 29, 2020

Another mockdown

So, so far the lockdown looks more like a mockdown than a lockdown. 

Obviously the lockdown is hurting businesses, as anything not deemed essential and not included in the list of what is allowed to stay open had to close.

Yet everything else seems to be pretty close to normal, the way it has been until now. Personally I had to drive to another city this morning. I went and returned, encountered no roadblocks, did not have to plead with a policeman to let me through as my need was essential (it was) or anything of the like. I just drove, did what I had to do, and drove back. And the traffic on the roads at that time of day seemed pretty normal to me. I did hear that at night there have been random roadblocks, but overall it seems to so far be business as usual.

With everything else nearly business as usual, it is more upsetting that businesses had to be shut down. Why are they the only ones that need to pay the price of a lockdown?

Regardless, as little as a lockdown is the answer, a mockdown is even less of the answer.


------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...