Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

May 2, 2010

The Definition of Kibbutz Galuyot

Kibbutz Galuyot, Bet Shemesh style

We walk around, talking amongst ourselves in English. Our kids speak to each other in Hebrew.

I took a bus today into "old Bet Shemesh", and saw a number of Russian immigrants. The adults were speaking Russian to each other. The kids were speaking in Hebrew.

I got off the bus and behind me was walking an Ethiopian family. The parents were talking Amaharit to each other. The kids were talking Hebrew to each other.

Waiting outside of a government office, waiting for it to open, I was talking to a friend. he was telling me about some upcoming simchas he has of his children who live in different places around the world, Knayna ha'ra, with a little krechts hoping they will come back to Israel one day.

I pointed to the Ethipian lady across the street and said, look, she is from Ethiopia and is now here.
I pointed at a group of 3 Russians and said they are from Russia but now live here.
There were a couple of Sfardi women on the other side, and I said she is from Iraq and that one is from Morocco (I have no idea if I was right, but I thought so based on appearance), and they live in Israel.
There were some other people as well, and I didn't know where they had originated.
I was from the USA, and "you" are from Australia.
And we are all living here.

Eventually your kids will move back here as well. It is inevitable. This is the place to be. Jews from all over the world end up in Israel. It might take some time, but they will come back.

Eventually the Jews from all over, wherever you are, will realize this is the right place for you to be living. it might be Bet Shemesh, it might be Jerusalem, Haifa, Tel Aviv, Modiin, Gush Etzion, Ranana, Beer Sheva, or wherever. Eventually you will all realize that this is the place you are meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Raf. Thanks.

    BTW, this guy Daniel dropped this same line on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...