Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Mar 6, 2012

Be A Mensch (video)

Be A Mensch

This is a project I have recently become involved in. The first stage is releasing public service announcements, like this one (below). There might be more of these in the future, as well as other programs in this vein... These PSAs are intended for distribution via social media, blogs and via television as well..

I think the message of the video speaks for itself and needs no further clarification or explanation.



Now that you have seen the video, you can go check out the "Be A Mensch" website, and add your own words of what being a mensch means..

The program created by the Be A Mensch Foundation for working towards tolerance in Bet Shemesh was one of four initiatives to recently win an award from the Jewish Agency for the purpose of encouraging dialog and coexistence in Bet Shemesh.

------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

6 comments:

  1. How did you get involved in this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. as they say in New York.. "I know a guy"..
    seriously, one of the people behind the scenes in this organization called me up and asked if I would be able and willing to spend the day involved in this video project. Since then it has turned into more as the focus goes to Bet Shemesh.
    The org works on national projects and is now focusing specifically on a project for Bet Shemesh itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several years ago I was at a shiur by Rav Kornfeld. He said he personally believed that RBS has a very special role to play in the geula. I don't know what Rav Kornfeld had in mind, but in recent years I've felt that role is very likely being one of the test cases for achdus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice video. I noticed that all women were tzinutly dressed. Was that deliberate?
    Like it or not I think we all judge people by their outer appearance. If I see a guy with tight, gaudy clothing and excessive gold jewellery I assume he is an 'ars' and not a doctor on his way to work or a kollel guy coming him from a day at learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont think anybody was told how to dress, but I dont know for sure. Most of the people there were not religious. Most of the women were wearing slacks. It was winter, and while not freezing cold, people were pretty much covered up.

    BTW, some of the people in this video I did not see when I was there for video'ing, and other people that were there are not in this video. they were preparing a number of videos but right now this is the only one I know about having been produced so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One giant yay! I love it. Glad to see the website is finally up.

    Beth
    Jerusalem

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...