Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Mar 2, 2012

Benizri's Hubris

Shlomo Benizri, former MK of Shas, has been released from prison.

I am a big believer in "he did the crime, he paid his time" - he got caught, he was put in jail, now it's time to move on. After someone sits in jail for his crime, as long as he does not do it again, he deserves, he has earned, forgiveness for his crimes. It does not need to be held against him forever - he repaid his debt to society already.

Shlomo Benizri came out of prison swinging. He should have gone home quietly, thanked his supporters who helped his family while he was incarcerated, those who kept his morale high, and those who stuck by his side even when he hit rock-bottom. That would have been fine. Instead, Benizri displayed tremendous hubris by coming out blaming and attacking everyone while saying he never did anything wrong. As they say, the prisons are full of innocent people.

Some of the gems from Benizri since he has been released:

  • Katzav regrets his actions. He says he tried to be statesmanly but today he sees what the justice system really is.
  • the State of Israel is the most anti-semitic in the world.
  • When I will turn 60 years old I will be able to return to politics. I do not need to be in the Knesset to help. My experience is worth a tremendous amount. Every time there were situations, I would pick up the phone and call my friends and tell them this is what they need to do. I am the most senior with the most parliamentary experience.
  • regarding Gilad Shalit - I understand what pain is, but I think that my pain was greater [thank Shalit's]. Those who judged me were my brothers - Jews. I gave of myself to the country and they were cruel to me.


------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. Benizi has the hutzpah to say "Gave of himself to the country"" ????!!!!?
    I am sure the Oslo widows and orphans would beg to differ. But hey, mikvahs for Shas is MUCH MORE important than the blood of Jews. I respectfully submit that the amount of time done by this Oslo criminal (and Deri) is MINISCULE compared to his crime against the Jewish people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad that he said what he said; ensures that he will never be in politics again

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://israelundertree.tumblr.com/
    Israelis should always be under their tree

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...