Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

May 15, 2023

Rav Rimon and Noa Kirel

There is a story going around and reported on on all the religious news media. It is a nice story so I feel like posting it here, though I am not sure there is some great lesson or moral behind it...

Rav Yosef Zvi Rimon posted to his family whatsapp group this story that had just happened on the plane. I guess one of his family members publicized it...

Rav Rimon writes:
I am ont he plane, and on all the screens it displays a message "Good job Noa, we are proud of you". I saw someone sitting near me (it is business class so the seats are separated). I asked her? Do you know who this Noa is? She answered: I am Noa!

Rav Rimon continues, I asked her, so what did you do? Why are there signs for you? She responded, I won third place in Eurovision. So I asked her, what is your last name? She was surprised I didnt identify her and responded, I am Noa Kirel..

She and her mother then proceeded to tell me about their grandfather who was a rav and sofer stam, Noa said that the morning of Eurovision she said the morning brachos and did not use her phone on Shabbos. She then asked me what I do. I told her, I am the Rav of Gush Etzion, if you ever have a question, feel free to call me. She got emotional and asked for my number. She then took a selfie and sent it to me..






I am not surprised he didnt recognize her. I am not sure I would have either. Maybe I would have thought she looks familiar...interesting that he flies business class...they had a nice conversation and treated each other well and respectfully despite their differences... both good people (Rav Rimon is a good person and I already knew that as I know a little bit about him and have read some of his writings and follow him a bit. From what I have read of Noa Kirel the past few days because of Eurovision I am learning she is also a good person and not the classic celebrity - though maybe most celebrities arent quite the classic stereotype celebrity...)


UPDATE:
Rav Rimon has sent out a notice explaining that this was supposed to stay private and not be publicized. A friend of the family saw it and publicized it (ie a kid showed it to his/her friend who then publicized it) and it has since gone viral. Since it is already out there in the public, Rav Rimon says he is ok with that×¥ He would have preferred if his shiurim would go viral, posts on mishna or halacha or information about chessed projects, but since this already went viral, ok but he wants to stress that the takeaway should be that we should all be kind to other people, especially to other Jews, and with that we will merit to connect with the nation of Israel with love







------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Garnel IronheartMay 15, 2023 6:06 PM

    Well of course you wouldn't recognize her. She's not plastered with more makeup than a clown and she's wearing a shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised she wasn't in first class.

    He was on his way back from a big event. I imagine they paid for his ticket.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...