Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Feb 7, 2011

Quote Of The Day

I was privileged to meet all 18 Chiefs of Staff before you. It took me a long time, but now, unlike you youngsters, I can do a real comparison between them. Your contribution to Israel's security is unique and superb. You were one of the best Chiefs of Staff Israel ever had.

  -- President Shimon Peres to outgoing IDF Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi

2 comments:

  1. easy words, Peres is a master when it comes to that. I do say that Ashkenazi is better than Barak, who's a strange one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things about Ashkenazi was that he was not tainted with being involved in the Hitnatkut from Gush Katif. Maybe the curse was not on him. he suffered a bit from Barak, because he was brought in by Barak's arch-enemy Amir Peretz, the only good thing he ever did. Reminds me of Ezer Weizman, who was also a disastrous defence minister, but he brought in Rafael Eitan as Ramatkal. Ashekenazi also had the uneviable task of repairing all the problems discovered in the army after the 2nd Lebanon War. I'll agree with Peres. If he goes into politics, I just hope he choose the right, as they talked in the past of him taking over Labour, but I think now they are irrelevant. Only Kadima he should stay away from.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...