Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

May 7, 2009

Don't play with your food (video)

This is the game you play after you finish slaughtering the animal in the yeshiva backyard...



quotes and thoughts:
  • Polo on Steroids
  • my mom told me not to play with my food

I wonder if we can arrange a local game (instead of our regular Friday basketball?). Maybe start a league.

8 comments:

  1. not G.

    I just looked up the game in Wikipedia. Amazing stuff.

    I liked this quote. Very Pythonesque:

    "Buzkashi is often compared to polo. Both games are played between people on horseback, both involve propelling an object toward a goal, and both get fairly rough. However, polo is played with a ball, while Buzkashi is played with a dead animal. Polo matches are played for fixed periods totaling about an hour; traditional Buzkashi may continue for days, but in its more regulated tournament version also has a limited match time."

    ReplyDelete
  2. On an unrelated note, I just saw your article on the JPost website. Mazal tov on being published! (Now we can all say that we "knew you when"...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that and a dollar will get me a cup of coffee that I wont even drink (because I don't like coffee). But thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both balls and dead animal carcasses are meant to be thrown. After all, the Torah does say לכלב תשליכון אותו.
    (I guess, Rafi, that's only if your shehita goes bad. Sample conversation:

    "Oh man, another Neveila!"

    "No problem! It'll be great for Buzkashi on Friday!"
    )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rafi,

    next time you shecht, bring home a new toy for the kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cheiders dont allow sports.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least the animal is dead!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...