Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Aug 4, 2009

The mayor of Bet Shemesh works hard

I went running last night with the running group. Last night we ran what we call "The Merkaz run". Basically, we run an 11km circle through Bet Shemesh. Our midway point where we stop and get everyone back together (as everyone runs at a different pace) is outside of the kiosk across from the Irya municipal building.

Last night, just as we pull in to our rest stop, at 9:10pm, we see the mayor of Bet Shemesh, Moshe Abutbol, leaving his office and getting into his car. I have heard that it is not unusual that he works late.

Whatever you want to say about him, he definitely works hard.

Now this morning I saw he was a guest at the nefesh B'Nefesh ceremony welcoming the new olim. The ceremony started at 7:30am. He must have gotten up very early to daven and get to the airport to start his day.

Way to go Mayor Abutbol!

2 comments:

  1. YOU work hard! I went jogging once when I was in Yeshivat Reishit, which is closer to Bet Shemesh proper I guess, and running anywhere in Bet Shemesh involves climbing steep hills. I could barely move when I got back to Yeshiva. So, kol hakavod to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first half of this particular run is very difficult because of the long hill up to the merkaz. We have done this a bunch of times recently, and I can see my progress. Even though I do not like this specific run very much, at least it is a good gauge....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...