Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Mar 7, 2021

Save The Children!

The Ministry of Transportation has issued a new directive that will require, as of August 1, 2021, all cars used in the transport of children below the age of 4, to be fitted with some sort of warning system to prevent children form being forgotten in the car.

The new directive was approved today as an emergency order.

The system will be one that car manufacturers can install during the manufacturing process, or it will be installable at a later stage, for cars that are not new.

Enforcement will begin in January 2022. Driving a child under the age of 4 without such a system installed will draw fines of up to 250nis in addition to having 4 points tacked onto your license. If a system is installed that does not meet the requirements, the installer will be liable and it will be considered criminal.
source: Srugim

If it saves even one child, it is a good thing. And it will probably save a lot more than 1 child, as long as the system really works.

I just don't understand who needs to have these systems installed. If my neighbor asks me to give a ride to their 3 year old kid (and I have a car seat), do I have to say no because I dont have such a system in my car because I do not have children that young? If I give my neighbor a ride with their kid, or my granddaughter a ride, can I get fined because I took her out for ice cream or brought her home from daycare one day?

The random driver is not forgetting a kid in the car. It is almost definitely (and maybe this should be researched) always parents involved. So it would make sense to me to set the rule that parents of young children need to have this system installed, but just giving the random ride to a kid is not going to be obligating of such a system nor will it incur such a fine. Requiring everyone to do this just to drive a kid somewhere seems nonsensical. They have the car registrations and id numbers of the owners, so they know who owns a car and has young kids and who does not, so this should be difficult to implement in a reasonable way. Eventually all cars should come with this built in, but until that happens, it should only be required of parents of young children..

And halevai it should save lives.



------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...