Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Jul 19, 2011

Mc Donald's At Masada - Do They Deliver To The Top?

The visitor's center at Masada, the ancient Israelite site of the holding out of the Jews against the Roman invasion, a site the memorializes courage and dedication, has opened a McDonald's.

The Golden Arches are flying by Masada. And some people don't like it.

Personally, I don't really care. It seems a little tacky, but is it any worse than a nondescript cafeteria? If they put an Aroma or other coffee shop in would it be less tacky? If it was one of those kiosks like at Ein Gedi just up the road, selling ice pops, drinks and rubbery hotdogs would that be any better?

At least they had the sense to open it at the bottom of the hill and not at the top. That would be really tacky. Though, I wonder if they do deliveries to the top. That would be really cool.

Some people have started a Facebook boycott against McDonald's at Masada. I "liked" the page because I wanted to see the info, but I don't join in their protest. I don't see the big deal. I disapprove of McDonald's anyway, as despite having a few kosher restaurants they insisted on opening the vast majority in Israel as not kosher, and specifically fought to keep the main one, the original location, in Jerusalem not kosher.

I don't know if this branch, by Masada, is kosher or not. I suspect it is not, as the kosher ones usually say so just under the arches, and I don't see any such sign in the above picture. If it is not kosher, that would be really tacky, to put a not-kosher restaurant at Masada, where we celebrate the Jews holding out against the Romans. If anybody knows, if anybody is in the area and can check and let us know, I'd appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. I was there last week. The place is not kosher. It really bothered me that they put an openly non-kosher place in a place like Masada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Golden Roman Arches at Masada. a new tourist attraction. great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...