Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Jun 19, 2008

It is ok to block a highway protesting taxes

A short while ago, the taxi drivers and truck drivers have started there protest against the high taxes the government collects on diesel fuel. They have blocked the Ayalon Highway.

unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera today. I can see it from my office and it is very cool seeing the trucks block the highway.

I am curious if the police will move in and crack heads and arrest people like they do when the settlers protest and try to block roads. Or are ideological protests the only type that are banned by police but protests over money are legitimate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...