Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Jun 27, 2007

8 things about me

MizEllie from EllieTalk tagged me recently to do this meme where I have to write 8 things about myself.

I am not very big on memes, and was leaning towards not doing this one, when my wife told me she would like me to do it. I guess she is curious what I would write.

So, here goes:

The Rules are:
  1. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
  2. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
  3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
My habits:
  1. I eat my pets. That is, as long as it is a kosher species of animal. That means my son's rabbit is safe. I have eaten pet ducks, chicken, and goose. I do not think the sheep count, though they were alive in my car for about an hour before I slaughtered them. They were not in my possession long enough to qualify as "pet".
  2. I am not very imaginative or creative, so I have a hard time thinking of good things for a list like this.
  3. I have this feeling that I have a book inside of me. No, not something I ate by mistake, and not like the magazine my son's rabbit ate once. Rather, a book that I need to write. I am just not yet sure what the topic of the book is. I guess, for now, my blog(s) is (are) my book.
  4. I can't stand the sight of blood. Yeah, this one does not make sense, considering my shechting habits. But it is true. Animal blood does not bother me, but human blood does. I cannot stand up close by a bris. I decided one time, after I was well into the shechita stuff, that I would look at and watch a bris I was at, considering bris is considered a natural continuation of shechita, but as soon as it began, I had to turn away.
  5. I like, more or less, sticking to routine, and schedule. I dislike surprises, and I dislike things that make me change my routine. Especially when they crop up at the last minute. Sometimes it can't be avoided, but oftentimes it can. I deal with it, but I like to keep to routine and to schedule.
  6. I never pick up "call waiting". I hate it. I consider it rude. What makes the second call more important than the first? They can call back. if I am expecting an important call, I will not put one on hold and pick up the second, but will tell the first that I have to go. And if somebody puts me on hold to pick up a "call waiting", I will usually hang up.
  7. I pretty much do my own thing. If I feel something is right and appropriate (and I want to do it), I do it, even if it goes against social norms. I should add, to my wife's chagrin.. :-). And if I feel something is wrong, I won't do it, even if everybody else does.
  8. I am not big on following all the rules, in any given situation. "Most of the rules" is usually enough for me. That is why I am not going to tag any other bloggers (rule 3, see above)!! That is, as long as it is not a competitive sport or anything like that, where I would get an unfair advantage. I will not cheat, let alone at someone else's expense. But as long as it is just me and I am trying to do something, I will often "wing it" to a certain extent.
As I said, I am not tagging anybody. But if you want to do play along and write your own post on this meme, feel free...

8 comments:

  1. Maybe the turning away at the bris had to do with the fact that you're a guy. I bet you can watch blood being donated. (In light of this, extra thanks on your help after our bris!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I liked your wife. Thank you Mrs. G! And thanks Rafi for filling it out. I never would have guessed number 4 in light of number 1!! I can completely relate to your last three - I feel exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yoni - yeah, I guess you are sort of right, bot only sort of. It might not really be the blood. But I cringe looking at any injury or cut that looks painful on a person. On the other hand, when driving by an road accident, I always look fro blood...

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty cool. I should try this one one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have almost the same habits, except I don't eat my pets. I don't know baked dog with teriyaki sauce or fried cat a la carte wouldn't taste so good. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list. The blood thing is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow impressive that rafi did a meme interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you did the meme! Nice answers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...