Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Sep 3, 2009

Jonathan Pollard didnt get a fair trial

This should be a good boost to the Free Pollard campaign.... even if the Israeli State Comptroller probably has no right to insist on a new trial or anything like that from the US, just the summarized report is supportive enough...

Hopefully Israel will increase its efforts because of the report and work harder to get something moving in that sore..

4 comments:

  1. Technically speaking, since he pleaded guilty, I would say that he had a fair trial.

    The case you should probably be making is that he did not have a fair sentencing.

    The Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh... I'm pretty sure "pleaded" is not a word. :)

    The Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wolf - I am not making any case. I still have never paid too much attention to the details of the Pollard case and conviction. The details don't matter to me. I was not a "free pollard" supporter until recently. I used to think that he took a risk, got caught, tough luck.
    Now I think that whether it was a frame-up, fair ir not fair, or whatever they claim, no longer matters. he has served enough time - far more than any other spy has served, let alone a spy for a friendly country.

    The State Comptroller was making the case, and most of his report is confidential for security reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rafi,

    I wasn't making a case one way or the other either. I was merely being nitpicky regarding the choice of words in your title. He got a fair trial -- the question is whether or not he was railroaded at the sentencing.

    The Wolf

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...