Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Mar 2, 2010

nice Purim

I don't know how it was for you, but for me this Purim actually turned out to be one of the best Purim's I remember in, at least, the past few years.

I am not a big fan of Purim - the costumes, griminess, constantly feeling like I need a shower, and some other things.

But this Purim was pretty good. The rain was fun, mishloach manot was low key, between parties and seudahs on Sunday and Monday I drank probably less than one cup of wine altogether, we did not paint the kids faces, and more.

Purim was far nicer this year than I remember it in recent years (maybe it is because I dont remember much of it from previous years because of too much wine...)...

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! We also felt it was a much better Purim with less alcohol. 2 families together equalling 7 bochurim; 2 pre-teen boys; 2 fathers; 2 grandfathers and assorted women and girls, yet only 2 bottles of wine; 1/2 bottle choc liquer and 4 bottles of beer drunk. Everyone had a great time and could go to daven maariv like mentchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, your mother and I were with you in Israel last year! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much more this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...