Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Mar 1, 2010

Benizri requests a pardon

Former MK Shlomo Benizri who is sitting in jail for corruption and bribery is going through a crisis. Because of it, he has asked the President for a presidential pardon.

While I don't see how he "qualifies" for a pardon - doesn't everybody in jail have a hard time? - he definitely has the right to request it. I wish him luck in his request, and whether it is approved or denied, I hope he gets through the difficult period with his well-being intact. It can't be easy, though jail was not meant to be, and I wish him well.

4 comments:

  1. i do not wish him well in his request, i hope that he sits there the whole 3 or 5 or whatever number of years that he got. corrupt politicians are a plague here and they need to understand that crime does not pay. he had a great job, with great conditions and he chose to throw it all away. so let him sit and rot. don't do the crime if you can't do the time, as another criminal said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasnt wishing him well in his request - I was wishing him well that he get through his crisis and not break down. I think he should sit, but he has the right to make jhis request and the prez decides based on whatever criteria is presented before him, much of which we probably have no idea (assuming he is asking based on some extenuating circumstances).

    But I wish him well in getting through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are better people to spend words on if you want to wish them well. Many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can wish him well and other people as well. they are not mutually exclusive

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...