Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Jan 11, 2009

Joe the News Correspondent

I don't know about you, but when I heard Joe the Plumber, lesser known by his real name Samuel Wurzelbacher, was coming to Israel as a news correspondent, I was skeptical. After the intial chuckle that he suddenly became a news correspondent (then again, why not?), I thought for sure he was going to come here and find fault with Israel and side with the Palestinians and blame Israel for the humanitarian crisis being perpetrated against the Palestinians.

I am pleasantly surprised to find out that Mr. Plumber has spoken out against Israel, but differently than expected. He blames Israel for not hitting back at Hamas much earlier. Joe said, "when someone hits me, I'm going to unload on the boy. And if the rest of the world doesn't understand that, then I'm sorry." "It's asinine when someone is firing upon you and the world is coming down on you," he said. "Common sense has gone out the window. Hamas hides among its own people causing civilian casualties," he added. "But I hear no cry out from the international community."

I don't know about you, but I was surprised....


(Source: Ynet)

6 comments:

  1. That's a great quote, Rafi. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm acctually not too surprised with his comment. I don't recall what his stances were during the election (as I didn't really care), however, he's a blue collar worker, and that sector of the economy would generally sway in that direction.

    Besides, he was brought there through Pajamas Media which as I understand has abit of a leaning towards the right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rafi, I'm an American and I could have told you immediately how Joe would view it. He is as straightforward, no nonsense person you could imagine. And he has a very strong, uncomplicated sense of right and wrong.

    Best,

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. he said obama would be bad for israel during the election too, so it's not surprising (that's probably why Pajamasmedia sent him there)

    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1032257.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam - you are probably right. Just the way he came made me think he is out to get us. He came very noisily as if he was going to put everything in order. that usually bodes ill for Israel...


    anon - we will soon see if he was right. that is definitely the impression I get.. hopefully he'll surprise me as well....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rafi-

    The MSM over here are the one's making the noise about him going over to you. Most of them are just jealous, and the rest don't want him to tell the truth about what is going on, because than they can't continue to tell the lies and still look half credible.

    Keep up the Great work.

    God Bless,
    Jason
    The Truth Tracker

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...