Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Feb 3, 2010

Greenish-Blue sight: Recycling in Bet Shemesh

Somebody in City Hall must have read my post yesterday in which I said that unless they put the new recycling bins near my house (and I think this is true for most people), I will probably not be conscientious about using them. It is unlikely I would shlep all my paper garbage a few blocks in order to dispose of it for the purpose of recycling. if it was near my house though and not out of the way, I would.

So somebody must have read that, along with knowing how much waste we create in our house. The photo below is from the end of my street. Look how many bins they decided to put in such close proximity to my house!









Actually, that is just the staging area they are using to lay out the bins as they prepare them for distribution around the neighborhood. They did put one by our house...

2 comments:

  1. serious question: can you put items like the tmeura newspaper (it apparently has a dvar torah in it) in the blue box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chadash..all the news that's fit to throw outFebruary 03, 2010 12:53 PM

    Of course you're not allowed to take Chadash out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...